Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Driving...Oh yea!

Test your knowledge what do these signs say?


So today I had my first experience driving here in Japan. It was only on base but is scares the BLEEP out of me. It is ALL wrong. Any of you who know my learning process for driving in the states ("I'm going to fast!!" as I drive 15 mph on a side road in VA Beach, no freeways the first 2 years I drove etc) should be able to guess how I am about driving here. Izac assures me I will be fine in a week and a half (as he is doing). I don't quite believe him. Currently I chant to myself "Left Side, Left Side, Left side" and then EVERY TIME I turn on the turn signal (or what I think is the turn signal) I turn on the windshield wipers. Lets not forget that every time I go to the car to get into it I go to the wrong side of the car. All in all I'm doing OK. I have not hit anything (or anyone) and on base the speed limit goes no faster than 40 KPH (about 24.8 miles/hour). I have decided not to drive off base until I am a little more comfortable.

1 comment:

  1. We have crazy signs like that too. It does take a bit to get used to, but you get to the point where it feels natural. To me, driving in the states feels weird!

    ReplyDelete