Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Kitchen towel

Moving one part of a multiple family home without a few mixups would be a miracle. Wile unpacking my express stuff I found an old kitchen towel from when my mom liked cows (that means it is AT LEAST 11 years old because she switched from cows to penguins when she started teaching kindergarten). At first I was upset. It is not my towel. After talking with mom and getting her assurance that its ok for it to be here, I find I am a little glad to have it. Its a tiny reminder of home and darn useful. It has been washed countless times and worn in so that it soaks up much better than some other towels (like what I got at the MCX). It has cleaned everything from fine china to spilled food on the floor. I do not have to fear that it will bleed onto other fabric and it cleans up well when I need it to. You may think "Whats the deal? Its just a kitchen towel" to me it is a touch of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment