Monday, April 11, 2011

The Aftermath

For the weeks that followed 3/11/11 I bounced between worry and calm. I had to keep my family informed about what was really going on (the American news was blowing everything way out of proportion), Prepare everything here for the possibility of evacuation, and keep things going as if nothing had happened for the students that I work with. When Izac was returning I was worried they would not let him come home. Once he was home we had to complete all the essential paperwork in case of an evacuation. I am fortunate that if I have to go back plenty of people are willing to let me stay with them so one less thing to worry about. What I was feeling was nothing compared to what the people of this country were feeling. Shock seemed to be the most prevalent. These amazing people have lost so much and there is not much that can be done. Here on base many wanted to help right away but we could not. Not until the Japanese asked for help. SO while the country mourned we had to wait. It was a hard time for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment