Sunday, January 24, 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Ahh transportation and the various noises they make. Which do you think is the most annoying to me? As you may or may not know Iwakuni is an Air station. People not used to an air station might find it a noisy environment. As I child I lived on various air stations and so I find the noises that the planes make more familiar than not. So nope not the planes. The second transportation noise I can hear are those made by the local trains. Our midrise is located between two local stations. What I often hear is the "ding ding ding" as the gates close to prevent cars from going onto the tracks, followed by the "clack, clack, clack" as the train goes by. 5 mins later it starts again as the southbound train goes by and the dings and clanks happen again. The final transportation noise I hear is the cars. Always worse in the morning and early evening as the work day ends. At home the car noise bothered me so much we had a fan on 24/7 to block out the noise. The winner: Cars. I am still most annoyed by cars driving by.

No comments:

Post a Comment